My Music Monday (TIED Countdown) Wk 17

Moving into the 17th week on the TIED playlist!

1. For some reason I think the internet hates me lately. If this is a repost, please delete. If not then this will be totally new to you.

When I saw the title to this video I was expecting some death metal 🙂 This works too though. For some reason it kind of reminds me of Astronautalis. Good song, can’t wait to check out the book.

May 20, 2013 at 9:35 am

• Hahahaha … death metal would be an interesting addition into TIED. I’m a bit more of an alternative music fan. 😉 And I guess the internet hates you today. You did come up twice. Deleted the first. Liked this post better. 😉

Thanks. About the book reading. Shaking about all that, though.

May 20, 2013 at 9:40 am

• I’ll have to check out Astronautalis.

May 20, 2013 at 9:43 am

• I’m sure it will be great. From what I’ve seen your publisher has pretty good taste 🙂 (get it, cause they picked me too. I’m so funny with my mock arrogance. But really, that Belfield lady is good :))

Check out the songs “This is Our Science” and “Wondersmith and His Sons” They are two of my favorites. He is kind of like an alternative, indie, hiphop base which makes for some pretty cool stuff.

May 20, 2013 at 10:31 am

• Ha. Thanks. You’ll have your opportunity to read it pretty soon. Do you like YA?

Have to agree with you on the publisher 😉 All our YA authors are great–haven’t read beyond them yet, though.

Alt/indie/hip-hop sounds good. Like the Gorillaz maybe. I’ll check them out. 😉

May 20, 2013 at 1:36 pm

2. I don’t generally read YA, but it’s just because I have a huge to-read list without YA. Working at a bookstore makes it even worse. Everyday someone tells me “You like X, you’ll love Y”. I have read Daughter of Smoke and Bone which was a neat concept, but a little to lovey for my taste and the Benny Immura series by Jonathan Maberry, it’s amazing.

I had a feeling I’d be getting your ARC soon. I just started the third book in the Game of Thrones series which just happens to be like a million pages. I’m only slightly joking, I looked it up earlier and it’s 400k words. I will probably take a break when I get yours and come back to Game of Thrones when I’m done.

May 20, 2013 at 8:11 pm

• I’m a huge Martin fan. I’m a huge high fantasy fan, actually. Game of Thrones is a great, but crazy long, series. Love it.

Yeah, your ARC will be soon. Good god I’m nervous about that. And ya know, it’s paranormal romance. You may just hate it. 😉

May 20, 2013 at 8:31 pm